Military Procedures for NFPA
If you are in the military and you wish to apply your COOL funds towards NFPA certification, there are specific procedures you must follow-please see below.
If you are in the military and you are pursuing NFPA certification with your personal funds, you would apply through the procedures outlined for civilians on our application page here.
Steps to pursue credential using COOL Funds:
1. Submit a quote request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Subject line: "Military Quote Request". In the quote please provide:
a. Which items you are requesting for your quote(s):
i. API PCCE Review Course
ii. PCCE Study Manual (this is required if taking the API course)
iii. PCCE Application Fee/Exam
iv. API PACE Review Course
v. PACE Study Manual (required for taking the API course)
vi. PACE Application Fee/Exam
b. Your full name, mailing address for the study manual (if included in your quote request) and the best email and phone number to reach you at.
2. NFPA will provide your quote(s) within 24 business hours.
3. Upon receipt of your quote, you will upload to ArmyIgnitED for review and approval for using your COOL funds.
4. Upon approval, the military will contact NFPA directly for payment and registration authorization.
5. NFPA will process your registration(s) and notify you of next steps.
Please note that NFPA does not have access or authority to advise on the status of your COOL funding approval, and we cannot proceed with any registration without military approval and payment. These questions need to be directed to ArmyIgnitED. If you have any questions about the credentialing exam, please contact email@example.com. If you have any questions about the API review course, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.