PEG PACE Review Course
The Paralegal Education Group (PEG) offers interactive online review courses designed to assist the paralegal in preparing to sit for the Paralegal Advanced Competency Exam (PACE) offered through the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc.
Sixty-day review courses and consist of:
- Pre-Test Assessment
- Organized Lesson Plans
- Content Outlines
- Video Lectures on each topic/domain tested
- Unit Practice Tests
- Final Exam with individualized faculty feedback
During the course access period, students have around-the-clock access to faculty for questions, consultations, and support. Additionally, all review students have access to the Paralegal Forums, a virtual community for students and faculty to interact and participate in discussion threads to support their studying.
The course materials cover all of the major topics tested on the examination: (1) Administration of Client Legal Matters; (2) Development of Client Legal Matters; (3) Factual and Legal Research; (4) Factual and Legal Writing; and (5) Office Administration. There also units devoted to ethics and substantive areas of law, which are tested throughout the examination.
Note: The textbook that is required to assist you outside of the online materials provided in this review program is: PACE Study Manual, 7th Edition. It is the obligation of the student to ensure they meet the eligibility requirements of the exam. The PEG review course tuition fee does not register you to take PACE. (Please order TWO weeks in advance of the course start date to allow for processing and shipping.)
The PACE Review Course Agenda is as follows:
- Legal Examination Test Taking Skills
- Administration of Client Legal Matters ? Conducting conflicts checks;
- Developing and organizing client files;
- Maintaining a calendar; and
- Coordinating client matters.
- Development of Client Legal Matters ? Interviewing skills;
- Factual analysis in legal matters; and
- Preparing documents in legal matters
- Factual and Legal Research
- Legal Authorities;
- Analytical review of legal authorities;
- Inspection of evidence and exhibits and
- Checking the validity of legal authority.
- Factual and Legal Writing
- Communicating with parties in a legal matter;
- Preparing legal documents; and
- Preparing analytical documents.
- Ethics/Professional Responsibility/Office Administration
- Billing legal matters;
- Unauthorized practice of law;
- Conflicts of Interest; and
- Advertising & Solicitation
- Substantive Areas of Law:
- Business Organizations;
- Intellectual Property;
- Agreements & Contracts;
- Probate & Estate Planning;
- A Discussion of Family Law Concepts; and
- Capstone Review Session
Sixty-day review courses begin on the following dates or participants may choose to take the course on-demand to start anytime.
The registration fee for the PACE Review Program is $189.00/person. NFPA members who are/were in the military can contact firstname.lastname@example.org for a discounted military rate!
In the event that a student does not pass an examination following one of our review courses, that student will be able to enroll in a future course free of charge.
Register now! (PEG Review materials are not hosted on the NFPA website. You will receive access instructions from a PEG representative.)
If you have any questions, please contact Michael K. Sullivan, Esq., the Director of the Paralegal Education Group at 732-241-6388 or by e-mail at: email@example.com.