2015 Annual Convention Recap
2015 Annual Convention and Policy Meeting in Honolulu, HI
Held October 8 to 11 at the Waikiki Beach Marriott, Honolulu
For Exhibitors and Sponsors:
Awards and Scholarships
- The TR scholarship winners were Aurora Hood and Nancy Brooks
- The PACE scholarship winner was Fatima Mahmud
- The PCCE scholarship winner was Stephanie Jackson
- Certification Ambassador Award - Linda Odermott, RP - Oregon Paralegal Association
- Association Pro Bono Award - Dallas Area Paralegal Association
- Individual Pro Bono Award - Linda Teater - Rocky Mountain Paralegal Association
- Outstanding Local Leader Award - Beth King, RP - Oregon Paralegal Association
- Paralegal of the Year Award - Joyce Kent, RP - Oregon Paralegal Association
- William R. Robie Award - Kathleen Miller, RP- Oregon Paralegal Association
- View the NFPA Award Procedures. (PDF excerpted from NFPA Procedures Manual March 2014)
Thanks to Cindy Welch, RP for these photos from Convention:
NFPA’s 2015 Convention Host Hotel
Waikiki Beach Marriott Resort & Spa
2552 Kalakaua Avenue
Honolulu, HI 96815
Chief's LuauChief’s Luau included transportation, all-you-can-eat luau buffet, shell lei greeting, 1 adult beverage and Chief’s Journey Through the Polynesian Island Show. Buses depart at 4:30 pm so that all attendees could participate in interactive Hawaiian activities including hula lessons, headband weaving, tattooing, spear throwing and firemaking.
NFPA Convention Charity
Friday, October 9 was “Aloha Friday” . Make a minimum donation of $5 and wear your best Aloha Shirt, and Jeans. Proceeds benefit the Hawai’i Children’s Justice Centers.
What are the Hawai’i Children's Justice Centers? The Hawai’i Children's Justice Centers provide a warm, homelike setting where children can feel as comfortable and safe as possible while being interviewed about reports of child abuse, particularly sexual abuse, and as witnesses to crimes. Working together at the Centers to coordinate efforts to help abused children and their families are:
- The Department of Human Services Child Welfare Services.
- The County Police Department.
- Offices of the Prosecuting Attorney.
- Victim Witness Assistance programs.
- The Department of the Attorney General.
- Crisis counseling and medical services.
- Treatment providers.
- Community volunteers.
- The Armed Forces.
- The Federal Bureau of Investigations.
Aloha Jar Company
Fairchild Record Search – www.recordsearch.com
Hawaii Information Service – www.hiinfo.com
Hawaii Paralegal Association – www.hawaiiparalegal.org
Impartial – www.impartial.com
Naia Wood Designs
National Network of Reporting Companies – www.nnrc.com
Paranet Corporation Services, Inc. – www.paranetlegal.com
Parasec – www.parasec.com
Registered Agent Solutions – www.rasi.com
Simplifile – www.simplifile.com
T-Scan Corporation – www.tscan.biz
The Coconut Lady
Thomson Reuters - ONESOURCE
United States Army Judge Advocate General’s Corps
WTS Article Delivery – www.wisc.edu
Convention Program Printing & Copier
Convention Bags & Lapel Pins
PACE and PCCE Scholarships