2022 Annual Convention
September 15-18, 2022
Join us for NFPA’s 2022 Convention!
We at the Cleveland Association of Paralegals, Inc. (CAP) are excited and looking forward to offering the first in-person Convention in over two years!
NFPA's Annual Convention and Policy Meeting provides attendees an opportunity to attend a wide variety of Continuing Legal Education sessions (4 tracks are being offered), network with fellow paralegals from across the country, and collaborate, discuss and vote to enact policy during the Policy Meeting. The 2022 Annual Convention offers you the chance to return to your local associations, employers, and fellow paralegals with new ideas, knowledge, connections, vendor information, and a renewed passion for the profession.
Registration is open. Review the rates & options.
Check out what is happening at Convention! The schedule-at-a-glance is available.
Virtual Pre-Convention Events
- The virtual Treasurer’s Meeting is scheduled for Wednesday, September 7, at 8:00 p.m., ET/7:00 p.m., CT/6:00 p.m., MT/5:00 p.m., PT. Members are encouraged to contact their Region Director or Lori Wagner, RP®, IRP, Treasurer with any questions. Registration for this meeting is included in the Convention registration. If you are not attending Convention, but want to participate in the Treasurer's Meeting, here is the meeting link.
- The virtual First Timers’ Meeting, which will include a Parliamentary overview led by Dr. Ramona Hill, is scheduled for Monday, August 22, at 7:00 p.m., ET/6:00 p.m., CT/5:00 p.m., MT/4:00 p.m., PT. Members are encouraged to contact their Region Director or Yvonne Lewis DeAntoneo, Director of Membership, with any questions. Registration for this meeting is included in the Convention registration.
- The virtual Candidate Forum is scheduled for Thursday, September 1, at 8:00 p.m., ET/7:00 p.m., CT/6:00 p.m., MT/5:00 p.m., PT. Members are encouraged to contact their Region Director with any questions. Here is the webinar link to join.
- The virtual pre-Convention Mixer is scheduled for Monday, September 12, at 8:00 p.m., ET/7:00 p.m., CT/6:00 p.m., MT/5:00 p.m., PT. Members are encouraged to contact their Region Director or Yvonne Lewis DeAntoneo, Director of Membership, with any questions. Registration for this meeting is included in the Convention registration.
NFPA is pleased to welcome Ohio Supreme Court Justice Michael P. Donnelly as this year’s keynote speaker. Learn more about Justice Michael P. Donnelly.
Continuing Legal Education
The educational sessions are designed to enhance your knowledge of different areas and elevate your paralegal career. Review the CLE session details.
Workshops are interactive and informative sessions, providing you with new tools and skills to help you grow in your profession. Check out this year's Workshops.
Sponsors & Exhibitors
Meet and reacquaint yourself with our exhibitors and sponsors during Convention with a wide variety of networking opportunities (and a chance to win giveaways, too!).
Interested in becoming a sponsor, exhibitor, or advertiser? Check out the opportunities in the Prospectus. And then secure your partnership online here!
If you would like to be included in the printed program, all sponsor, exhibitor, and advertiser registrations must be completed by Sunday, August 7. You may still register after August 7 but NFPA will not be able to include you in the Convention program.
Convention will take place at the Westin Cleveland Downtown. Discounted room rates are available to Convention attendees for $189 per night.
Reserve your room online via this NFPA booking link. Book your room by August 23.
NFPA's Policy Meeting will be held on Saturday & Sunday. Come for the policy, and stay for the passing of the torch and installation of NFPA's newest officers & returning leadership members. More details will be available as we get closer to the meeting.
- Articles of Incorporation
- Second Restated Bylaws, Approved October 24, 2020
- Revised Policy & Procedure Manual – Last Updated April 9, 2022; Approved April 19, 2022
- The Instructions for Completing Form 19.3(a) Statement of Voting Control and Designation of Representative NFPA® 2022 Annual Policy Meeting
- 19.3(g) Standing Rules of Order for In-Person Meetings
- 19.3(h) Standing Rules of Order for Virtual Meetings
Kids Book Bank | Promoting Children's Literacy
Through a network of more than 1,000 partner organizations - including government agencies, school districts, non-profits, libraries, and more - the Kids Book Bank distributes tens of thousands of books every month to children throughout Greater Cleveland. From our largest partners to smaller, grassroots partners, every book makes a difference. Volunteers sort books by reading level and box them for pick up from our warehouse by our partner organizations who distribute them directly to kids and families in need to keep and build their home libraries.
About the Convention Host
The Cleveland Association of Paralegals, Inc. (CAP) began in 1975 and is still going strong today. CAP has a network of over 160 members and through its affiliations with the Cleveland Metropolitan Bar Association and the National Federation of Paralegal Associations, Inc., which has combined over 14,000 members. CAP enjoys the support of, and works closely with, many area law firms, corporations, banks, educational institutions, local bar association and the public sector.
Together, with our members we can continue to represent, grow, and enhance the paralegal profession!
CAP has been, and continues to be, instrumental in allowing paralegals to keep up to date with the rapid growth and technological changes in various legal sectors while advancing continuing education and the individual role of the paralegal in executing legal services.
2023: October 5 – 8, 2023 | Hyatt Regency Crystal City (Arlington, VA) | Hosted by National Capital Area Paralegal Association
2024: September 26 – 29, 2024 | Hilton Portland Downtown (Portland, OR)