You must sign in to see NFPA members-only events on the calendar.
February 2022 Back to Top
The skills of drafting, reviewing and maintaining solid business contracts are critical for fulfilling your duties as a corporate paralegal. How does your knowledge stack up? This practical guide sums up key types and essential provisions of contracts and demonstrates on real language samples the best practices and common mistakes of crafting agreements. Learn how to draft, review, and maintain contracts - register today!
When it comes to sending and receiving emails, even little slip-ups can bring about nasty consequences. Join our seasoned faculty as they delve into the biggest mistakes paralegals make with email apps, electronic storage, Zoom, and more. Arm yourself with vital knowledge and help prevent mishaps - register today!
Paralegals do the brunt of the work when it comes to obtaining key documents and tax filing prep in estate administration. It's on you to make sure nothing falls through the cracks. This essential guide sums up the key tasks and resources associated with tax returns in probate. So whether you're new to the task or are looking for a quick refresher, our expert faculty will give you the tools and knowledge you need. Register today!
This three-hour cite-checking seminar is a complete overview of basic citation form and includes the following topics:
- Overview of The Bluebook, including its history and structure
- Strategies for effective cite-checking
- Citation form for federal and state cases (including subsequent history)
- Citation form for federal and state statutes
- Citation form for secondary authorities (books, law reviews, and so forth)
- Punctuation in citation form
- The use of short forms such as id. and supra in citations
This seminar by Deborah Bouchoux, Esq. provides critical information for both beginning and experienced cite-checkers.
Working as a construction law paralegal requires a unique blend of insights into the construction industry, project documentation, and litigation. How does your knowledge shape up? This ultimate program covers all the key things you need to know to support your attorney and the client. Build your understanding of all things construction law - register today!
This session will use actual fact patterns to illustrate client cases in order to (1) identify a client who may benefit from planning with an elder law attorney; (2) review the long term care benefits including Medicare, Medicaid, Veterans Benefits and Long Term Care Insurance that may assist a client; and (3) understand the actual legal planning options, including Asset Protection Trusts, Medicaid Qualifying Annuities, Special and Supplemental Needs Trusts and In Marriage QDROs.
Speakers: Mary Frances Price
Minnesota Paralegal Association MPA
Motivational Workshop to develop paralegal work habits to advance careers
Tracey L. Barnes
Hunting down documents or information in unorganized files can often feel like looking for a need in a haystack. Organizing them - and organizing them right - will save you unnecessary stress and valuable time so you can focus on other priorities. Join our experienced paralegal faculty for an insightful look at how to organize files so you and attorney can find what you need at a moment's notice. Get and stay organized - register today!
Choice of entity and formation documents are the foundation on which each business's operations and protections are built. Care is imperative. In this legal course, expert faculty will guide you through the process and offer practical tips for ensuring all the necessary formalities are observed. Register today!
The essentials to understand -- "30,000 foot view of what this all looks like from beginning to end."
The many roles of the family law paralegal extend far beyond the strictly legal tasks. Therefore, it's important to be suitably equipped with the relevant knowledge. Build the most important skills that will add value to the practice - register today!
Stop Worrying About Misplacing Critical Documents
Litigation is much easier when you don't have to think twice about finding important case documents. This focused, full-day program will reveal practical, creative, and cost-effective techniques to help you stay on top of even the most document-intensive cases.
Topics to be discussed:
- Ethics rules and professional guidelines
- Conflicts of interest and how to avoid them
- Unauthorized practice of law
- Working with secretive and/or dishonest clients
- Handling allegations of abuse and neglect
- Fee arrangements and related issues
- Terminating representation
- Paralegal as witness
- Lawyers asking to do something that is misconduct
- Communications with clients
- Paraprofessional practice pilot project
Speaker: Ruta Johnsen
Minnesota Paralegal Association MPA
- Understanding Wisconsin Personal Injury Law
- Investigating and Evaluating a Personal Injury Claim
- Litigating Personal Injury Cases
- Handling Ethical Issues in Personal Injury Practice
715-835-5900 ext. 1
Go Step-by-Step With Practical Insights From Experienced Faculty
When it comes to e-discovery, there is little room for error. Are you doing everything right, or are you letting valuable evidence slip through the cracks? This practical paralegal guide will show you how to preserve, request, collect, review, and produce electronic evidence. Make sure you're following these e-discovery best practices
Master the Use of Microsoft Office Applications in the Law Office
Are you looking for tips, tricks, and timesavers for everyday legal tasks? Are you looking for new and
creative ways to use the software already at your disposal? In this engaging paralegal program, our techsavvy
faculty will show you how to tap into the secret capabilities of Microsoft Word, Excel, Outlook,
OneNote, and PDF software to simplify legal tasks, streamline document drafting and review, and much
more. Become a more resourceful paralegal - register today!
• Find out how to become a power user of Microsoft Word with tricks for the law office and at
• Simplify the process of document review, formatting, and collaboration with MS Word.
• Utilize all the data analysis and presentation tools Excel has to offer.
• Tap into the more advanced features of PDF software.
• Discover how to fully utilize Microsoft OneNote to improve collaboration and streamline note
• Enhance your MS Outlook skills with pointers on inbox management, calendar maintenance, and
• Rediscover and reinvent your available software to enhance everyday legal tasks.
The title examination is a critical step in any real estate transaction, and paralegals play a key role. Learn how to help your attorneys confirm chain of title, uncover hidden judgments and liens, and spot issues in land surveys and legal descriptions. Build your title search skills - register today!
Understand why transactions are entered the way they are and the important reports the partners of the firm need to run a profitable law firm.