You must sign in to see NFPA members-only events on the calendar.
December 2020 Back to Top
Insightful Tips to Help You Work Through Any Problem
Make Better Use of the Tools at Your Disposal
How you interact in negotiations has a direct and immediate impact on your results. Yet we tend to engage and make these decisions off-the-cuff. Don’t. Instead, take advantage of the experts’ proven research so you will use the most effective strategies and get your best deals.
In this dynamic and fast-moving webcast, negotiation expert Marty Latz will:
- Show you what to do and what not to do - on video, on the phone, and in writing or via email - in two professionally produced and recorded negotiations;
- Empower you with a strategic framework to evaluate when to engage in person, on video, or on the phone
- Identify effective and ineffective strategies and tactics to use in negotiating in various online environments.
4 Skills You’ll Learn:
- Latz’s 5 Steps to Effective Online Negotiations
- Crucial analytic tools to understand and plan your next online negotiation
- Advantages and disadvantages of negotiating via video, email, written documents, phone or face-to-face
- Typical mistakes made during online negotiations
Click HERE for more information and to register.
Two hours of CLE credit will be offered by the surrounding MCLE states. If you miss the livestream, it will be available on the MSBA CLE catalog.
Getting the Most out of Key Correspondence
45 Days prior to the 2021 Winter Board Meeting deadline to Submit all other Coordinator Letters of Interest
You asked, MSBA listened. Join the MSBA for the newest all virtual presentation of 20 Hour Mediation in Child Custody and Visitation, on December 7th – 11th, 2020!
This training is designed to accomplish 4 goals:
- To introduce attendees to all topics required under 9-205(c);
- To familiarize attendees with the practice of facilitative mediation in the context of developing parenting plans;
- To provide attendees the opportunity to practice their skills in role plays coached by experienced family mediators; and,
- To provide attendees the opportunity to consider ethical questions that sometimes arise when serving as mediator in the context of parenting plan development.
Seating is limited so register soon! Twenty hours (including one hour of ethics) credits will be offered to the surrounding MCLE states.
Gain Real-World Guidelines You Can Start Using Right Away
Handle Interrogatories, Requests to Produce, RFAs, Subpoenas and More with Confidence
Get Ahead of the Game for Your Attorney
The presentation will include an overview of Federal Indian law, policy, and sovereignty with a specific review of Public Law 280 and jurisdiction in substantive areas of law. With eleven tribes in Minnesota, MPA members are very likely to encounter Federal Indian law matters and/or Tribal Courts and this presentation will provide them basic knowledge about tribes andthe interplay of Minnesota District Courts and Tribal Courts.
Speaker: The Honorable Robert A. Blaeser
Minnesota Paralegal Association MPA
Everyday Strategies for Staying Out of Trouble
How to Cut Through the Complexity and Draft Great Legal Memoranda
Finding, Reading and Verifying Cases
Capture the Audience's Attention with Well-Crafted Visuals
The NFPA Board of Directors meets on the 3rd Tuesday of every month at 8pm Eastern/7pm Central/6pm Mountain/5pm Pacific. Meetings are open to all NFPA members. In registering to attend this meeting, you must accept the terms of the Confidentiality Agreement.
Registration link: https://us02web.zoom.us/webinar/register/WN_Fd_02njzRwOfPvOFHbU_aw
Productivity Planning, Email Management, Legal Data Analysis, MS Word Hacks, and Project Management
A Paralegal's Guide to the Numbers that Matter
Navigating the Complex Unspoken Rules of the Legal World